Expert Insight into the Energy Markets for Professional Traders
Founder & CEO
Henry studied science and engineering at Steven Institute of Technology. Part of that curriculum offered a glimpse into the new science of Chaos. After a stint as a professional musician, he found a job on Wall Street.
Henry’s background in the markets began in 1978 as a runner at Comex. By 1984 he had purchased his own seat on the exchange. In 1990 he moved over to NYMEX as a floor broker specializing in crack spreads. He eventually left the exchange floor for Lehman Brothers as a broker and analyst. Six years later Henry moved on to the institutional trading desk at Citigroup dedicated to trading energy. After ten years with Citigroup, he formed Stanton Analytics to serve the industry with his technical expertise. Interspersed between those years, Henry studied technical analysis and swaps at the New York Institute of Finance.
His many years in the industry have led him to understand that statistics and technical analysis are fundamental to successful trading. Henry’s has become an iconic figure in the field and clients include some of the largest trading operations in the world.
Stanton is a collective of amazing people delivering robust information in real time.
- No serious trading operation should be without a team of data analysts who furnish the traders with the right data at the right time to make well informed decisions.
- Without evidence based, technical analysis… traders are just guessing.
- Technicals always lead the fundamentals.
- Traders should not trade blind. Know the odds and put the odds in your favor.
- Have a plan and trade the plan.
“Have a plan and trade the plan.”
– Henry Marchell, Founder
The Coffee Cup News
The coffee Cup News is an early morning summary of technical levels as well as overnight developments from around the world that may affect the energy markets.
- Information gathered from five newspapers and online stories form around the world and key technical analysis.
- The Early Morning Edition is published at 8:30 am.
- The Coffee Cup News is a quick, concise, time saving tool to stay abreast of key developments affecting the markets.
The Stanton Brief
The Stanton Brief is technical analysis report, preparing traders for tomorrows trading day. Including: targets, ranges and odds.
- Delivered after the close of each trading day to prepare a trader for the following day in advance.
- Designed around an Organic 3 Day Cycle in which the Markets breathe.
- Industry leading technical analysis.
- Based on 10 years worth of data.
- Simple easy to read design helps traders formulate an actionable trading plan for the following day, as well as a recap of today’s action from the live trading room.
Cesar Risk Assessment
Proprietary statistical algorithm measuring risk for long term positions.
- Real time alerts when the system signals major matches.
- Nothing is new to the markets. History repeats itself time and time again as price exhausts to the upside or downside.
- Nothing is new in the Markets. History repeats itself time and time again as price exhausts to the upside or downside.
- When historical long term matches occur they must not be ignored.
Online chat with our traders and technical staff with up to the minute analysis and dynamic feedback.
- Each day our customers have access to Henry and the staff through Ice Chat.
- Up to the minute news affecting the markets.
- Advice on spreads and flat price in real time.
- A great way to bounce around ideas for potential trades and timing.
Live Trading Room
View our charts live with key technical levels, live commentary, and news as it unfolds.
- Each day, just like you we have our charts up and running. These charts are available to our customers on-line beginning at 6 pm every night and run to the end of the trading day.
- These charts have all of the proprietary information included in the Stanton Brief running in the live market.
- It is a priceless accommodation to see the levels before the market reaches them.
Pratical Benefits to Your Trading Team
Direct access to Stanton via IceChat or the live trading room for key levels, entry points and exit points.
- Access to the Stanton Team for each trader via Ice chat and the Live trading room.
- Being aware of key levels before they are reached creates a patient trader. Patience builds confidence.
- Confidence builds a positive environment as traders learn to “let the market come to them”.
- This reduces stress created by large drawdowns and premature entries.
- Once positions are initiated, targets and exit points are developed all according to plan. “Have a plan and trade the plan.”
Does your team know the answers to these Questions before the market opens?
The Stanton Brief answers these questions and more.
Real Life Practical Solutions
Day to day solutions. Have a plan and trade the plan.